May 10, 2017
Atola Disk Recycler 2.6.1
- 'Export to CSV' menu function was preventing to export more than 100 reports
March 23, 2017
Atola Disk Recycler 2.6
- Script commands added:
- You can select up to 3 live port fields (until now, the limit was 2)
- SetExtendedResult command supports numbers now
- Fixed issues with Unicode support in script logs
- Resolved the issue with the non-working blank line output via Print ""
- Improved Chinese version: Several translations to Chinese were missing and causing defects
January 16, 2017
Atola Disk Recycler 2.5.2
- Improved stability
- Enhanced logging in case of unexpected errors
January 6, 2017
Atola Disk Recycler 2.5
- Better support for SATA drives in PUIS (power-up in standby) mode
- New scripts:
- NIST verification - Check drives according to the Guidelines for Media Sanitization, NIST Special Publication 800-88 Revision 1. 4.7.3 Verification of Sanitization Results of Sanitization Results
- Repair with many cycles - Repairs (reallocates) bad sectors in a loop
- 'Quick test' and 'Check SMART test' scripts improved for better support of SAS drives
- Scripting improvement: simpler variable declaration
- Resolved script engine issues with type conversions
- Fixed SecureErase command: it did not work with WD2003FYPS SED drives
- Fixed 'SwitchAutolog off' command, which had no effect on long-running commands like PatternErase, Repair, etc.
- Changing folder during Recycler software installation made possible
August 16, 2016
Atola Disk Recycler 2.4
- Fixed issue when SAS drive might get 'Not Ready' state after power up in very rare cases
April 04, 2016
Atola Disk Recycler 2.3
- Added the new script command - TextSearch. It enables regular expression search and number parsing over any text
- Data Folder Path now supports Windows network paths (shared folders)
- Fixed bugs happening during Data Folder Path change
- Fixed issue when drive disk size above 1 TB could sometimes be shown as empty
December 23, 2015
Atola Disk Recycler 2.2
- Fixed issue when BadDisk command was finishing script execution with Stopped status instead Failed one.
- Fixed possible UI hang-ups while having several Recycler units in "Firmware update needed" state.
- Added helpful "Why I do not see any units" link
September 28, 2015
Atola Disk Recycler 2.1
- Fixed major issue for SAS drives. One port could fail during start up while another port was completing its script execution
- F1 shortcut in script editor could sometimes end up with error
May 25, 2015
Atola Disk Recycler 2.0
- Implemented SAS drive support (for systems with SAS module installed)
- Search reports window:
- Search engine re-worked to deliver much faster search results
- Search can now be performed by typing in just a part of serial number, drive model ID etc
- Wildcard support (*,?)
- CSV export from search results
- Column widths are now auto-saved
- Script editor and script commands:
- Script editor now includes a сheat sheet
- New commands:
- New settings:
- "Unit refresh interval" allows changing how often the main window is refreshed. This is useful on large
deployments (100+ Recycler systems in a cluster)
- "Toggle reports" - Allows to show or hide reports on the main window.
- Systems with SAS module now supports drives operating in PUIS mode
- ST3320310CS drive was not detected properly
- SmartAttribute* commands froze on some SanDisk SSD drives
- Lock command did not record the password in the report
- A number of other fixes and improvements in scripting engine and GUI
June 21, 2013
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.8.2
- Small fix for SecurityErase command.
- Improved SecurityErase time estimation.
June 4, 2013
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.8
- Grid view. The alternative main window mode which is helpful for customers with many units.
- Updated DoDErase command according to the latest DoD specification:
- Last pass is not random anymore and can be defined by user. Default value is 0.
- Auto-compare pass added as enabled by default. Can be disabled via command parameter.
- First pass character can be specified via parameter.
- Better error messages and more helpful hints in Recycler script editor for several cases.
- "Blinking units" problem is solved.
- Fixes for unhandled errors shown in several cases while working with the main window or settings window.
- SecurityErase command was failing in rare cases.
- Implemented auto-unlock for drives if SecurityErase interrupted.
- Fix for inability to view report created by Report command (in the Port status window).
- Fixed issue for non-working Identify button when port status was Passed or Failed.
- Fix for the case when UnclipHpaDco was failing if some Seagate HDDs are limited by SET MAX ADDRESS command (LBA28).
- Fixed RandomNumber command bug for 2TB+ drives.
- Improved sharpness for fonts.
- Default "Security Erase with HDD Repair On" improved. If PatternErase command completes, the script ends with Passed result instead of Failed.
April 10, 2013
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.7
- New script command 'PowerUpInStandby'
- Fixed rare disappearances of Recycler units from network
- SecurityErase command was failing for HDDs locked with User password
- GoodDisk/BadDisk commands might break auto-execution of Custom field script
- Fixed failing SmartTest command on rare WD drives
- SmartTest timeouts increased
- Fixed wrong folder used for report file saving after Windows system date was changed
- Reports today list was mistakenly filtered by Start Date instead of End Date
January 18, 2013
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.6.3
- Fixed slow writing for IDE disks attached via adapters.
November 22, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.6.2
- Fixed write errors for disks without LBA48 mode.
November 07, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.6
- Total time added to the log header of script report;
- Unit port can be transfered to Idle state via hardware port button now.
- Fixed an issue when empty script reports were created in rare cases;
- UnclipHpaDco command doesn't fail script in case of HPA/DCO read error anymore;
- Sample script 'Wipe and Repair' was updated. It must stop at the first disk operation error now;
- 'Success' port state caption was replaced by 'Passed' caption to meet industry standards.
October 18, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.5
- Introduced custom fields for universal reporting;
- Added optional mode when scripts must be started from Idle state only;
- Introduced new optional mode for port buttons of hardware unit when script starts/stop when button is hold but not pushed.
- Added custom formatting for date and time that overrides system settings;
- New more light Recycler installer with decreasing amount of setup steps;
- Seek command changed. Now it returns average disk seek time;
- SecurityErase command supports enhanced mode;
- Repair command got remap limit paramater;
- Unit IP filter examples added;
- New script commands:
- SetReadTimeout, SetWriteTimeout. Both set timeouts influencing all read/write operations;
- RandomNumber. Generates a random integer value;
- SwitchReadCache. Enables/disables HDD read look ahead function;
- WriteTest. Perform test making 1-sector writes, supports random mode;
- WriteTransferRate. Runs performance test executing write operations;
- Fixed inaccurate result returned by SmartTest command for few drives;
- Lock/Unlock commands didn't work with empty password for several drives;
- It was difficult to zoom back to initial view size at the main window;
- 'Copy To Clipboard' button at 'Port Status' and 'Script' windows worked only in RTF mode. Now copied data can be pasted as a text.
July 30, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.4
- Showing current script command and its progress on a port.
- New script command 'UnclipHpaDco'.
- New script command 'Locked'.
- Support of text strings for PatternErase script command.
- New sample scripts:
- Quick test;
- Scan all;
- Wipe and Repair;
- Security Erase and Print Sector 0;
- Unclip HPA and DCO.
- Wrong LBA values shown for 2TB-3TB drives.
- Security Erase fails on some drives.
- Reports are not created when using keyboard shortcuts in rare cases.
June 5, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.3
- Disk Recycler did not start up on newly installed Windows.
- Script report was not created in few cases (when user hits F5 twice very quickly).
- Impossibility of report printing on newly installed Windows XP with .NET Framework 4.0.
- Old sample scripts were not overwritten by their new versions after Disk Recycler update.
- Problem when some units had 'Firmware update required' description after completed firmware update.
- Question 'Do you want to select ports with missing scripts' is not shown in few wrong cases.
May 17, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.2
- Improved sample scripts
- 2 new sample scripts added (Unclip HPA and DCO, Seek and Transfer Rate test)
- Failed port status instead Bad Disk
- More detailed logs
- Fixed issue when reports were not printed in monospaced font
February 12, 2012
Atola Disk Recycler Release 1.1.26